Summary Data and Results:
Field Technician Feedback
Front-Line Thoughts on the Field Service Profession
In March 2016, TSC conducted groundbreaking research with a set of surveys aimed directly at field service technicians. The first survey focused on garnering technician thoughts on the field service profession. The second survey focused on technology.
Several data points from this project:
- 70% of those polled by TSC have been in the profession for more than 10 years
- 63% chose to become field engineers in their professional lives
- 67% are satisfied with the compensation they receive as field service technicians
- 46% state that paperwork and administrative tasks are what the like least about their day-to-day work
- 65% believe that the Internet of Things will have a positive impact on their service work
If interested in having your field technicians participate in the next round of surveying, please contact Sumair Dutta at firstname.lastname@example.org.